DBS Information for recruiting / line managers
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) lets employers check the criminal records of employees or potential employees to see whether they are suitable to work with children or vulnerable groups.
In order to obtain an enhanced disclosure check:
This process should not be used for existing employees or potential/future employees of RMBC. Please use the Employment Checks Wizard in the HR Portal for these groups.
- Review the Manager Guidance and Checklist
- Direct the applicant to the Applicant DBS section on this website to complete the online application form
- Verify the applicant's identity documents using the Identity Documents Guide
- Obtain proof from the applicant that they have submitted their online application
- Where applicable copy the applicants ID documents (Routes 2 or 3 only)
- Download and complete BOTH the eDBS Manager Verification Form and Identity Declaration Form
- Where applicable, download and complete the Volunteer Information Sheet
- Return the appropriate forms and associated documents to firstname.lastname@example.org